& Nanotechnology - Shamsuddin Research Centre or MiNT-SRC is one of the Center of
Excellence at Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM). It was
established in November 27th, 2006. Formerly it was known as
Microelectronic and Nanotechnology Centre (MiNTEC). In November 25th,
2007, the name of Microelectronic & Nanotechnology - Shamsuddin
Research Center was effective as an acknowledgment to our university's
former chairman Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ir Shamsuddin bin Abdul
his contribution to the university (2007-2009). He is currently
appointed as first Pro-Chancellor of UTHM.
Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ir Shamsuddin
bin Abdul Kadir (Sapura Industrial Report)
Logo of UTHM
Logo of MiNT-SRC
Function of MiNT-SRC:
At university level:
support the university for Research, Development and Commercialization
(RDC), University-University and University-Industry Partnership.
lead research in microelectronics, semiconductors and
At country level:
support government policy under Malaysia Ninth Plan (MNP):
- Develop high prestige and excellence culture.
- Develop a 'First Class Mindset' and ability to
produce high quality R&D.
- Encourage development through networking and
- To focus on researches that support
microelectronic, semiconductor and nanotechnology industries.
- To encourage research and development among
students, reseachers, and lecturers.
- To become a training and consultant center in
microelectronic, semiconductor and nanotechnology areas.
- To organize national and international seminar and
- Microelectronics and semiconductor devices
- Thin film technology and its applications
- Microelectromechanical system (MEMS)
- VLSI design
- Medical electronics
- Solar cell fabrication
©2009 MiNT-SRC, UTHM, All Right Reserved