Embedded Computing Systems (EmbCoS) Research Focus Group, Department of Computer Engineering (JEC)
23/03/2014: New EmbCoS website has been launched.
23/03/2014: Interested authors are invited to submit their articles related to embedded systems design/architecture for a book chapter to be published by the UTHM Press. For more info, please send an email to Dr. Siti Zarina at szarina (at) uthm (dot) edu (dot) my.
30/10/2014: A 5-day ARM training program will be organised at UTHM planned for January 2015 for staff of higher learning institutes in southern region. Training fees will be sponsored by MDEC. For more info regarding the training tentative, please send an email to training coordinator, Mohamad Hairol Jabbar at hairol (at) uthm (dot) edu (dot) my. UPDATE: Training has been postponed due to technical reasons.
22/04/2015: A technical talk will be held to introduce concepts related to ASIC design. Refer to the fyler for more detailed information regarding the talk. (PDF). UPDATE: The talk has been postponed due to technical reasons until further notice.
10/10/2015: A talk by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abd Kadir Mahamad on research opportunity between industri and university will be held on 11/10/2015 at EmbCoS Center, FKEE Complex, 2.00 pm.
The EmbCoS focus research group is a research cluster within the Department of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia established to carry out research works on embedded system architectures focusing both hardware and software implementations.
One sub-focus group known as AICoV (Artifical Intelligence and Computing Vision) has also been established to undertake research works on embedded software development and implementation. The sub-group concentrates on artificial interlligence and image processing applications to be integrated with the embedded hardware platforms.
- Siti Zarina Mohd Muji
- Abd Kadir Mahamad
- Afandi Ahmad
- Noor Zahrinah Mohd Tadza Interests: FPGA, Low Power and Parallel Design Architecture, MIMO, LTE Communication Technology, Self-Aware and Computational Intelligence, Adaptive Algorithm
- Radzi Ambar (Deputy Head)
- Chew Chang Choon Interests: FPGA, Digital System Design, WiFi
- Mohamad Hairol Jabbar Interests: 3D IC Technology, System on Chip (SoC), Network on Chip (NoC), Multi/Many-Core Architecture, FPGA/ASIC Design, and Parallel Implementation
- Hazwaj Mhd Poad
- Chessda Uttraphan Eh Kan (Group Head) Interests: VLSI Routing Algorithm, Buffer Insertion Algorithm, VLSI Design Automation, Digital Systems Design
- Muhammad Suhaimi Sulong
- Chua King Lee
- Mohamad Md Som
- Azmi Sidek
- Suhaila Sari
- Khalid Isa Interests: Bio-inspired Engineering, Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, Computational Intelligence, Image Processing, and Intelligent Systems.
- Nan Mad Sahar
- Danial Md Nor
- Mohd Helmy Abd Wahab Interests: Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, and Wireless Computing.
- Tasiransurini Ab Rahman
- Norfaiza Fuad
- Nor Surayahani Suriani Interests: Image Processing
- Mohd Norzali Mohd Interests: Pattern Recognition, Computing Vision, and Image Processing
List of research grants: link
List of publications: Please refer to the member's profile.
Intellectual Property (IP)
List of IPs: link
List of postgraduate students: link
List of activities: link
Chessda Uttraphan Eh Kan
Email: chessda [at] uthm [dot] edu [dot] my
Copyright © 2016 EmbCoS. | Designed by Hairol. | Maintained by Hairol. | Last updated 17 April 2016.